Turns out it’s Solitude.
I found this post on www.zenhabits.net today. This well thought out post clearly demonstrated that being alone IS indeed a valuable and very necessary part of being a creative human being.
Personally, I need “alone” time to recharge my spiritual / creative batteries. Without it – I would be a wreck!
Here’s a portion of the post I wanted to outline in particular:
Just a few of the benefits I’ve found from solitude:
* time for thought
* in being alone, we get to know ourselves
* we face our demons, and deal with them
* space to create
* space to unwind, and find peace
* time to reflect on what we’ve done, and learn from it
* isolation from the influences of other helps us to find our own voice
* quiet helps us to appreciate the smaller things that get lost in the roar
What else does solitude bring to your life?